× Have any suggestions for the game or cool features you would like to see? Let's talk about them! Please check the development status to the left to find major features that are already intended.

First Suggestions: Game Playtime

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1 by ohm1996
Hello, this is my first post about suggestions

Here are some more suggestions, mostly are body generations.

Version 0.4x: 4th Body Generation (available from 1948 and extended the play time to 1960), including community updates (but no Multiplayer mode)
Version 0.5x: 5th Body Generation (available from 1961 and extended the play time to 1970) (also the first body generation that you can design a hatchbacks)
Version 0.6x: 6th Body Generation (available from 1975 and extended the play time to 1990) (also the first body generation that you can design a minivans)
Version 0.7x: 7th Body Generation (available from 1989 and extended the play time to 2010)
Version 0.8x (Beta): 8th Body Generation (available from 2011 and extended the play time to 2020) and also a Multiplayer mode (moved from 0.4x to 0.8x to expands the body generations, up to 8 generations)
For Add-On, there are 9th generation body (available from 2022) and 10th generation body (available from 2030)

Played for 2 weeks and this game is good, but I need an extended playtime and more body generations. Also rename from Tanawar to Tanawat for campaign.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by ohm1996.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #2 by Merced
Thank you for your suggestions. The body generations are meant to capture a generic design era and those usually last longer then 10 years. You can take a look at the plan for the body generations and other things on the Development Status page.

The next body geeneration to come will be gen 4 in v0.50. That one will more closely incorporate the wheelhouse and the body much like the cars in the 50s and 60s and will extend the game time to 1970.

The fifth generation will come in v0.70 and bringe the edgy design of the 70s and 80s with wheelhouses being fully integrated into the body. Gametime to 1990.

The sixth generation will go all the way to 2020 and bring back the round form but without seperate wheel houses. Instead I intend to add a new light designer to customize your cars with.

If I do it (depends on how the game looks financially for me when it's done) then there will be an add-on with a seventh generation from 2020-2050, but we'll see about that.

In between there will be a lot more components added to bridge the times between body generations.

I hope that this layout satisfies your need for more playtime and more generations.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Merced.

More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by ohm1996
As I played in 0.3x I had seen that the rear bumpers are missing (for 2nd and 3rd body generations) while I had seen rear bumpers at 0.26 (old version). Also the SUV and van bodies are unable to built currently (it was possible to make a 6/7-seat car, but only 4 seats were sit-able) (seating components (2/4/6 seats) might be good) so I want these to make the game better and I can built more car body types.

More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by Merced
Vans, SUVs and some details like the rear bumper were temporarily dropped when the editor was redone - time/budget constraints. They'll be back before I move o towards v0.40 though.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #5 by ohm1996
Updated Suggestions (mostly are body generations)
5th generation will be available in 0.5x, from 1961 and extended play time to 1980 (originally 1970)
Multiplayer will be available on 0.8x because I want more body generations and extended playtime (4th generation in 0.4x along with Community Update, but no Multiplayer mode) (5th generation in 0.5x) (6th generation in 0.6x along with Graphics Update) (7th generation in 0.7x) (8th generation in Beta or 0.8x) (9th and 10th generations in Add-On and play time up to 2070 or 175 years of game time).
Forced Induction (Turbochargers and Superchargers, Single, Twin, Triple and Quad)

Sorry for multiple post, because I can't edit my post earlier.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by ohm1996. Reason: Added Forced Induction for Engines

More
5 years 2 months ago #6 by ohm1996
Here are some suggestions about music genres for this game by decade
Because I have interests on video game music, so I would make more suggestions on music genres for the entire game through decades.

1900s to 1940s: Jazz, Swing
1950s and 1960s: Surf, Blues
1970s: Rare Funk, Soul, Disco, Rock*
1980s: Synth-Pop, New Wave, Hi-NRG, Metal*, Punk*, Alternative*
1990s and beyond: R&B, Pop, Electro, Trance, Dubstep (from 2010s), Happy Hardcore, Drum and Bass

There was also an updated body generations and forced induction for engines by me earlier.
*Rock, and sub-genres of rock is also available after 1970s

More
5 years 2 months ago #7 by Merced
Well the update focus between features and time expansions is there so I can focus on specific parts of the game after the other, otherwise I would end up doing all kinds of things on different parts and never get any update done - I need a lot of time as it is and with the campaign not raising the goal that is not going to change fast, so I will probably stick to that development cycle for now.
v0.30 has just introduced a new body generation and game time expansion so I will be focusing on something else in v0.40 - which will be community features including more multiplayer options. The community features are important for the game to be able to produce some sort of self-advertising content that players can share and many parts of extended multiplayer modes go hand in hand with that in the source code which is why I am intending to do that in v0.40.

As for the music suggestion I will forward it to the game's musician Martin Herrmann. I believe he has done some research into the different music styles of the different decades as capturing them to a certain degree was the target for the music development. So we'll see if he finds your input on that useful :-)

More
4 years 10 months ago #8 by chrismcc44
I agree this game is amazing already and would be even more so with new parts and extended times :) my only problem with the game is that it lags in between ending the months.

More
4 years 10 months ago #9 by Merced
Don't worry, the long pause between months is on my todo list. Part of it comes from when the AI designs a car as that causes the body of the car to be generated several times for adjustment and thumbnail creation.
It doesn't actually need to create the geometry at this point, as you don't get to see these cars, it just does that because it relies on the same routines as the editor which needs some adjustment to support body generation without generating the full geometry. Once that is in, the time between months should go back down.

More
4 years 6 months ago #10 by ohm1996
Previously I had suggested the game music earlier this year, however I think that my previous suggestions on game music wasn't good, so I would suggest a game music again.

My suggestion is a Transport Giant-style game music, which the music changes by the period

Transport Giant soundtrack links (to listen)
web.archive.org/web/20110803181957/http:...om/?lang=en&rid=1003 (download to listen)
or soundcloud.com/transport-giant
or Google "Transport Giant" soundtrack and go to YouTube

More
4 years 6 months ago #11 by Merced
Yes, the intention is for the music and some of the graphics to change depending on the year in the game. The mechanic for the music is already in place, although all four pieces currently in the game can play all the way to 1950. 2 of them will not play before 1905 or 1910.
Martin has done some research to get a grasp of the differences in music in the different decades.

You'll see more musical pieces come into play as the game evolves.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds